I have been having so much fun learning how to be a mom that I have neglected my wonderful blog. I promise in September I will be much more dedicated.
Now, not only is August quickly flying by, but so is peach season. For many Ontarioians this is a sad time, being that we have the most amazing juicy and delicious peaches! I was at the market the other day and I got a huge basket of peaches. They were so good, but we couldn't eat them fast enough so I made these amazing peach muffins. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and I was so impressed by their flavour I just had to share. So as promised here you go!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.