Monday, August 23, 2010

Just peachy!

I can not believe that it is almost September! Where oh where as the time gone? Today is August 23rd which means that exactly four months ago I was in a hospital bed, wailing and crying while giving birth to Paxton. I can't believe he is 4 months old. Over the past few weeks Pax has grown up so much. He now giggles all the time. It makes everything bad in life disappear. One little giggle and all my worries and grievances are forgotten. I live for that giggle I really do. He is also standing up with our support. He has proven to be a very strong little boy. He is almost sitting too. Well, I exaggerate a bit on that, he can be put in the sitting position and he may stay balanced for a few seconds but then he usually falls to the side where I will catch him. But, it's a start! Paxton's eyes have been getting lighter and lighter, I actually think he will keep his blue eyes. I was hoping he would have my green but I'm thrilled with blue. They are beautiful eyes!

I have been having so much fun learning how to be a mom that I have neglected my wonderful blog. I promise in September I will be much more dedicated.

Now, not only is August quickly flying by, but so is peach season. For many Ontarioians this is a sad time, being that we have the most amazing juicy and delicious peaches! I was at the market the other day and I got a huge basket of peaches. They were so good, but we couldn't eat them fast enough so I made these amazing peach muffins. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and I was so impressed by their flavour I just had to share. So as promised here you go!

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 muffin cups.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs, and sugar.
  4. Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist.
  5. Fold in the peaches.
  6. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
  7. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
A quick tip I learned from my mother: when you want to peel a peach, cut an X on the bottom of the peach and immerse it in boiling water for no longer than a minute. The skin of the peach will peel right off with no trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment