Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu for this week

When I plan my menus I try really hard to include a little bit of everything. Usually I have one or two pasta meals. In the winter I usually have one soup and I like to have something that is easy to whip up and something that is comforting. I usually like to include all types of meat, one beef, two chicken, one pork and perhaps a vegetarian meal as well. I really dropped the ball on this weeks menu. As I'm looking it over I realize I have 3 pork meals! This is very rare, and to have no chicken in any of the meals is even crazier! Oh well, hopefully my family doesn't mind. If it really bothered me I could switch out the pork for chicken on tonight's meal and I could also switch out the pork for chicken on Thursday's meal. But, I have a lot of pork in my freezer that I would like to use up so I think I will stick to it.
The Glazed ham was delicious last night. Both my little guys gobbled it up. I just buy those little smoked ham's. I pop it into an oven safe bowl, then I mix a little mustard and maple syrup together and drizzle it over the ham. Then I add some orange juice and cover the bowl with some tin foil. Depending on the size of the ham, I will heat it in the oven at 325 for 45 min to an hour. It comes out so moist and delicious. The sweetness of the maple syrup goes so well with the tartness from the OJ and the saltiness from the ham.

The Sweet & Sour Citrus Pork Stir fry is a take on a recipe just posted  by the ladies from Our Best Bites. You can find it here. They did chicken in their stir fry but I found shaved pork at the grocery store so I wanted to try it with that instead.

The Taco bake is a huge hit with my boys. Ground beef, taco seasoning, cream cheese, pasta and all the fix-ens; you can't go wrong with that combination.

Wednesday's meal is my easy night dinner. I buy stuffed chicken from Costco. It comes stuffed with broccoli and cheese sauce. The boys love it. I love it because I just pop it into the oven and 25 min later, BAM, dinner is ready!

I'm really hoping that these pretzel buns turn out! (This blogger actually makes pretzels but I will make mine more like buns) This will be the first time I try this recipe but I've been obsessing about pretzels for a while and I think the only way I will get over this crazy obsession is if I just try to make them myself. I figure they will go great with pulled pork smothered in BBQ sauce.

What are you having this week? Anything I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment