Monday, May 6, 2013

spring simplicity

The weather this week is supposed to be very nice and I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of our time outside. With that being said I wanted to make sure I had a menu that could support our busy life so a lot of these meals are done with the crock pot or the bbq. I love that we can use our bbq now! I guess we could use it in the winter too but we are babies and we don't. I know a lot of Canadians that do though!


As I am writing this I can smell my crock pot pulled pork cooking away and let me tell you it smells good!!! I'm looking forward to it tonight! We just use a pork loin roast and then I throw in some bbq sauce and I let it slow cook all day long. I didn't even defrost the roast this morning. I just threw it in frozen. It's one of the easiest meals ever.

The marinated lime chicken is just that, chicken marinated with lime juice, garlic, s&p, and olive oil. Then we throw it on the bbq. Once it's done I pull apart the meat and put it on our naan. The naan is meant to be folded over like a sandwich. 

The Cajun chicken is a recipe I pinned a few months ago and I have been meaning to try it. I think it will be a good fast meal for Thursday night. If you would like to try it the link for it is here.

That's our week in a nutshell. Pretty simple but sometimes it's the simplest dishes that are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment