Monday, June 21, 2010

Poor Pax :-(

Today started off amazing but I knew that it was not going to last. Today was Paxton's first doctors appointment and that meant he was getting his first taste of immunization shots. Patrick was not able to come with me so I had to be brave and endure this on my own. Poor little guy, life was just not fair to him this morning. What made it worse for me was that he was in such a good mood before the shots. He was smiling and laughing with me all morning that is until the nurse came in with the needles. Its amazing the intuition my little man had. As soon as she entered the room his mood changed. He wouldn't take his eyes off of her and he started to get very tense. I knew this was not going to go over very well with Pax. He had two needles today; the first one, not so bad, he grunted and fussed a little but it was not too bad. Now as for the second one, well lets just say he would have made anyone cry. Being a first time mom this was new for me and I have never heard a cry like this before. I cried right along with him. Poor little guy :-( it took a good 20 minutes for me to get him settled down. He is now sleeping soundly and hopefully the worst of it is over.

As for the doctor's impression of Paxton; he was amazed at how strong he is. Being a taurus and all, I'm not surprised by Paxton's strength. He is 8 weeks old and he has been rolling over from his tummy to back since he was 5 weeks and he has been holding his head up straight for the past 2 weeks as well. Our doctor was very impressed. He said Paxton will be crawling in no time and I believe it. Paxton is going to keep me very very busy!!!! The doctor also said that Paxton is right on track. Whew thank goodness!

Paxton has also reached another exciting milestone. Well at least it is exciting for mommy and papa! HE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Well he has been sleeping from 9:30 pm until 5 -5:30 am for the past five nights. Its been so wonderful. Patrick and I are keeping our fingers crossed this is not a phase but that this is the norm for our little guy.
We are telling ourselves that it's Paxton's anniversary gift to us.

Speaking of anniversary this past weekend was Patrick and my 1st year wedding anniversary. Its so amazing, looking back on our past year, we have had many exciting things happen since we got married last June.
Wedding - bought a house - got pregnant - had Paxton! Best year of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment