Monday, April 8, 2013

A menu inspired by Pinterest - Big Surprise!

I might have forgotten to mention that April is a crazy, I mean CRAZY month for me! I might not be on here much just because I'm super busy! It's my husband and my Paxton's birthday this month. I've been busy planning out their parties. This year I decided to be very low key with Paxton's birthday. I just rented out a party room at the gymnastics club he goes to and I invited 7 of his friends and their parents to come out. It has taken a lot of the stress off of my shoulders. I don't need to worry that my house is way too small for a giant party. I don't need to worry about feeding a giant crowd. I don't need to get upset if someone in my family isn't coming. I have decided to just let it be small this year. It's much easier this way. We are just providing some finger foods and of course cake.  I don't really even need to provide the crazy bunch of kids entertainment. They get to run around like little monsters in the gym! It's a perfect plan. Paxton loves his gymnastics class and I think he is going to love doing gymnastics with all of his friends. Of course there is a theme! I'll share more of that later ;)

As for Patrick's birthday, we hired a babysitter (which is very rare) and we are going out for dinner with our friends. We are very very VERY excited to go out without the kiddos! It's not very often we do this. In fact I was talking with Julie and she reminded me that we haven't had a double date since I was pregnant with Paxton! 3 YEARS!!!! Needless to say we are very happy to go out this Friday. I made reservations at King Street Trio, a place Patrick has been wanting to try out and then we are going to finish off the night with a tasting of beer at Beer Town! A beer house he loves here in our hometown. It should be a great night!



As for this week, Pinterest once again has pulled through. 4 out of 5 of the recipes on this menu are recipes I have pinned. The Chicken Divan Casserole is a favourite among the little guys here. Levi will eat anything covered in curry sauce and Paxton likes it too.

The Hoison Pork with Rice Noodles is a new recipe we have not tried, I know it will be a hit with Patrick and I and I'm hoping the boys like it too. As long as it has good flavour it should be a huge hit.

The Honey Garlic Crunch Chicken I'm sure will be a huge hit, the boys love a good saucy chicken.

Pioneer Woman never dissapoints and I need to make more bolognese sauce so this is a good time to pull out my giant sauce pot and get - a- cooking! I'm making her Baked Ziti but I will add some zuchinni and carrots to her recipe. Speaking of Pioneer Woman, her show has finally come to Canada's Food Network!!!!! Whooo hooo! Super excited to watch her show!

The Butternut Squash Gnocchi is a variation of my butternut squash mac n cheese. I know it will be a big hit here!

What are you having this week? Anything good I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment