Monday, April 29, 2013

Menu Monday

Whew last week was a crazy busy week. I still can't believe I now have a 3 year old! Anyhoooo I'm back on track and with that I have a new menu for this week. It's amazing how much more organized I am when I create these menus. Last week I was rushing around to create meals on the fly and things were not very organized and well planned. Needless to say the boys did not eat the greatest. I much prefer to have everything planned out ahead of time.  So with that being said, this weeks menu!


I always have mixed reviews about Beef Stroganoff, sometimes I find the flavour to be a little too strong. My friend was telling me the other day that she tried the clubhouse mix for beef stroganoff in the slow cooker. Her family loved it, so I thought I would give it a try this week. It was good. I'm a big fan of meat cooked in the slow cooker, it always turns out very tender and flavourful.  If you don't want to use a clubhouse mix, here is another great recipe for it. I have used this recipe in the past. I actually forgot about it last night when I decided to make this version.  

I'm excited to have this skillet chicken. It was actually on my list to make last week but I never got around to it. See what I mean about being organized! If I stick to a plan we eat well. I love a good hearty, tomato based chicken dish. I hope the kids like it! I'm still having the hardest time getting Levi to eat his veggies. I like the idea of doing this dish in a skillet but Mondays are always really busy for us so I'm going to do it in the slow cooker.

The Linguini Sorentina recipe I stole from a restaurant I used to work at. It is a very simple pasta dish which I adore. It is just a blush sauce topped with bocconcini, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. It's comfort food for me. 

Beef Goulash is a family favourite, and it's a great way for me to sneak some veggies into Levi. Shredded zuchinni and carrot, here we come! This is the recipe I use but I just add in the shredded veggies.

Thursday's meal is from a blog I follow called Six Sisters Stuff. They have awesome family meals all the time. I've been wanting to try these sliders for a while. I know they will be a hit here at home. 

What are you having this week? Anything good I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment