Friday, February 18, 2011

A big fail

Many of my friends will often ask me for cooking advice or favourite recipes and I am always happy to share with them whatever I have in my cooking repertoire. But I have to be honest here, half the time I don't know what I'm talking about!!!!! I love to cook and I love to eat, those two things I know for sure. The rest I fake it till I make it! I swear! I have had many failed attempts at making things. The best example just happened a few months back. My husband wanted to have wings for dinner one night and we always love the wings at Moose Winooski's this restaurant in our hometown. The have a great crispy batter and they are so ooey goooey with sauce. So I thought I would try replicating them. BAD IDEA!!!!! Mistake one led to so many more mistakes.

I breaded the wings instead of battering them! But not only did I bread them, I double breaded them! Then I tried to fry them. Well the breading burnt and the wings were dry on the inside. The breading soaked up all the sauce and the wings were then also dry on the outside. My loving husband that he is did try to eat them, but after 3 he had to give up. He was full from all the breading! Ohhhh what a fail!!!!! I have yet to attempt making wings again, but I will! But this just shows you that you should always try to do things even if you don't have a clue how to do it! I failed, I failed big time but I learned so much from failing.
A- don't bread wings!
B - Absolutley don't double bread wings
C - breading wings will turn out burnt
D - My husband can only eat 3 double breaded wings

But most importantly I learned that it is okay to fail every now and then it only makes me better in the end. Well at least I hope so. I will let you know how my next batch of wings turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment