Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feeling the love!

Don't you just love surprises? I do! Today I had a very nice surprise waiting for me in the mail when I got home from running errands. I recently ordered a custom made shirt for Paxton to wear on his birthday so when I saw a package waiting for me this morning I immediately got excited to see it. But when I picked up the mail I realized that this package was far too heavy to be a shirt I ordered. Boy was I surprised to find it was not the shirt but a wonderful care package sent to me from some dear friends who I grew up with. I literally barged into their life when I was 4 years old and to this day I still keep in touch with them. Mr. C tells the story best but basically they were in their backyard enjoying a nice bbq with their kids when all of a sudden I showed up. I didn't knock and I certainly didn't know them. They didn't know me yet either so they were very surprised to see this little 4 year old acting very relaxed around a group of strangers. I quickly informed them I was their new neighbor and from that first meeting I was pretty much at their house every day.

Mr. & Mrs. C were like second parents to me growing up and a couple of weeks ago Paxton and I were able to go visit them. It was a great visit we did tonnes of catching up. Their daughter Sara is one of my very closest friends and it was great seeing her as well. As I write this she is 41 weeks preggo and she can't wait to meet her newest addition. Anywhooo..... I was so surprised to see their address on the package, I couldn't wait to see what they sent me. As you can see I ripped that package right open!


And what a thoughtful gift! They sent me some books by my favourite childrens' author - Robert Munsch and a cookbook that has been on my "To Get" list -"Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. She has great ideas on how to hid veggies in childrens' favourite meals.




I was very touched by her thoughtfulness and I can't wait to dive in and cook up some healthy suppers for Patrick, Monkey and I. I will let you know how they turn out! And now I'm off to make someone a very special thank-you card!

xoxo

Rie

No comments:

Post a Comment