Thursday, March 10, 2011

EAT DIY Project

I am hoping to do a lot more DIY projects this summer coming up. I am also hoping that soon enough I will get a good camera so I can document these projects and post them on this blog. In the meantime, I thought I would start off with posting a very simple and beautiful DIY project that would be a great addition to any kitchen. I apologize for the crummy photography.



I recently found these awesome letters at The Real Canadian Superstore and I immediately knew what I had to do.

I needed to cover them in scrapbook paper and hang them in my kitchen. I was inspired by Jules from Cougar town! She has great letters hanging in her kitchen.

This project was really easy. I just traced the letters onto my chosen papers.



I then applied some glue to the face of the letter. Stuck the paper on. Smoothed out any bumps in the paper. Added some modge podge to the front of the letters (to protect the paper from any future splatters that occur in my kitchen).



Then I hung them up! Super simple anyone can do it!


Remember, it doesn't take a super crafty person to make these. Trust me! You just need to know how to trace and glue! You could do anything like this. I once made letters that said HOME, and I hung them up in my house. If you can't find the letters at the Superstore, I know Walmart and Michael's also sell them. Have fun crafting!

xoxo

Rie

No comments:

Post a Comment