Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home time!

I know I disappeared for a few days, I went back to my hometown for a few days to visit with my family. My dad had surgery and I just wanted to come home and make sure everything was good. All is well he is doing much better and I was able to make him my lasagna soup and I hope it made him feel better :) It is always so great going home. Paxton has so much fun with all of his cousins (he has 8 of them)! He gets to run and chase, ride bikes in my parents basement, build forts, play swords and even do some baking with grandma. Levi gets lots of cuddles because all of the older cousins just love to hold him. A little too much for Levi's taste but I'm happy because I know he is well looked after.
I love going home because it means I get to get away and visit with my friends. Mom watches the kiddos and I get to spend some quality time with my besties! It's always so good catching up with old friends.
I love going home because my parents live on a boarder town so I always go to the states to do a little shopping. I CAN'T WAIT for Target to open up here in Canada!  I love shopping at Target. I'm hoping the Canadian version is as good as the American.
I love going home because it's a time for me to remember where I'm from. My family is such a strong community and it makes me proud to be a part of something so great. Everyone is there to help and support each other and it is awesome.
I hate leaving home because it reminds me that I'm so far away from such a supportive system. I know they are always there for me but it is just not the same. Coming home always reminds me just what I'm missing out on but it also allows me to appreciate all the little things when I do come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment